This is an exciting time to join an expanding team!
EduStaff are currently seeking a Compliance Officer to join our growing team in our head office based in Stratford, London.
- Compliance Officer
- Stratford, East London
- Start date: Flexible
- Permanent role
We are looking for a proactive, diligent and conscientious Compliance Officer who will be an integral part of the sales team.
Working hand in hand with the Edustaff sales team The Compliance Officer will be responsible for the accurate, timely and targeted vetting of staff who work with children and vulnerable adults within educational settings.
This role is vital to the EduStaff sales team and to ensure that all vetting checks carried out are in line with current guidance and legislation, is of the utmost importance.
This role would suit someone looking to join a growing company and assist in its growth by playing a vital part in the recruitment process.
- Completing all required background checks including but not limited to, identification and right to work, criminal and educational outcomes to date
- Applying for, and following up on, all required referencing to evidence employment history
- Successfully apply for and/or confirm referencing
- Adhere to Edustaff vetting SLA’s for referencing and DBS checks
- Ensure all registration documents are signed by candidates correctly
- Ensure all candidate files and documents are stored, and discarded of correctly, in line with UK GDPR
- Full understanding and adherence to company compliance polices
- Adhoc administration duties for the team of sales consultants
- Management and maintenance of daily compliance tracker
- Providing clear updates on a regular basis to your team on current figures/stats
- High level of customer service to external parties, and communication with internal parties
- Auditing compliance files before sending to Compliance Manager for final audit
- Issuing PAYE contracts to all temporary staff
- Annual vetting checks to be monitored, and updated where applicable
- Assisting Compliance Manager with adhoc projects
- Covering Reception area in offices and meeting with candidates to obtain their documentation
- Assisting other team members/Compliance Manager when team members are out of the office
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience within a similar role, and knowledge of background checks, in particular Right to Work and DBS documents
- Highly organised and proactive
- Integrity and business ethics
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced office
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadline and problem solving
If this sounds like the role you've been looking for and have the skills and qualities we're after, we'd love to hear from you!
Send your CV to Christie Fedelmesi and start an exciting journey with us!
View the Recruitment Pack for the role here.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability,sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.