Digital Marketing Executive
Oceanova is a talent focused organisation that helps organisations, primarily schools, to identify, develop and optimise the full potential of their people. We have 3 key brands, EduStaff, Leadership Matters and the National College of Education amongst a range of other products and services.
We are an eclectic group of thought-leaders, disrupters and pirates. We make waves in the sector and have fun doing it, all whilst providing an outstanding experience for our 2,000 clients and growing.
Oceanova is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Executive to join our central Marketing Team to support each different brand on its own journey.
This is an excellent opportunity to work across a range of products and brands, each with its own message, audience and purpose. However, as part of the Oceanova Group, the businesses are united in their ultimate goal of improving education – there is a genuine sense of fulfilment in the work that we do.
The role is wonderfully varied, each brand sees success from different methods, which gives you the opportunity to bring new ideas to trial across our suite of products. With a dynamic role comes an agile company, and it is important that you can adapt quickly to the changing landscape of education and indeed our changing products in response to this.
You should have a proven track record in a similar generalist role, ideally demonstrating experience across a range of marketing techniques. However, if you are a specialist in one of the responsibilities listed below and can bring a wealth of specific experience with you, we want to hear from you.
The autonomy afforded in this role requires the successful individual to have a good balance of a creative and analytical mindset. Whilst you will have the absolute support, guidance and collaboration from your team (one Manager, one fellow Marketing Executive), initiative is key.
Day-to-day, you will be planning and delivering a range of marketing activity utilising innovative, imaginative and reliable methods. Your longer-term work will involve working with the team on the full-scale group digital strategy, ensuring we stay ahead of the curve whilst in alignment with the wider business and group objectives.
• Project manage marketing initiatives to create efficient, proactive multi-channel campaigns.
• Contribute to the development of a digital marketing strategy for the group.
• Develop, review and improve online content (copy, videos and images).
• Create, send and analyse email marketing campaigns.
• PPC management - Conduct keyword research, manage campaigns, liaise with external agencies, monitor and report, making recommendations for improvement.
• Improve and increase our social media presence - developing content, posts, campaigns and SM advertising, both organically and paid.
• Conduct market research and customer surveys using online tools.
• Work with the team to help devise and manage large scale campaigns to generate enquiries in line with the growth needs of the various brands.
• Manage the production of traditional marketing collateral where required including printed brochures and flyers.
• Maintain an overview of existing marketing activity and utilise research on target audience needs to identify gaps and react accordingly.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A strong and demonstrable working knowledge of the key concepts of digital marketing and the main channels and techniques, including but not limited to:
SEO, PPC, Social Media, Affiliate Marketing and Email Marketing.
• Working knowledge of AdWords and Google Analytics.
• Project management experience, developing online and offline marketing and communications strategies/campaigns.
• Experience of copywriting and proofreading with the ability to create and write communication materials and develop a range of digital literature.
• Experience managing external suppliers (designers, printers, developers, agencies)
• Experience driving social media, website and email communications.
• Ability to multi-task priorities and handle different projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate at all levels and present where required.
• Fluent in English with exceptional spelling and grammar as well as IT Literacy.
• Experience or knowledge of education sector is preferable but not essential.
If this sounds like a company you want to be a part of, and a role you can perform well, then email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.