Internal Quality Assurer/ IQA - Multiple Vacancies
Location: Field-based or Stratford, London
Line Manager: Head of Quality
I am delighted that you are interested in joining the Team at the National College of Education. The college is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education serves over 1400 current learners, studying leadership programmes at level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools face and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for schools.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the college in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
Internal Quality Assurers work in collaboration with the delivery team, to maintain the quality of our apprenticeship programmes by delivering on our quality framework and in line with the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Ofsted and ESFA.
- Deliver the highest quality Apprenticeship Standards in Leadership & Management up to Level 7 to learners in the workplace.
- To maintain robust internal quality assurance procedures that will ensure full compliance with the requirements of internal and external bodies such as Awarding Organisations, Ofsted and ESFA.
- Support with EQA visits and preparation for Ofsted and any other external quality inspections.
- To support with internal quality assurance requirements for PLM/SLTs in line with the internal quality assurance strategy.
- Provide detailed sampling feedback to the PLM/SLT on assessment decisions through the use of Onefile ePortfolio system.
- Lead on Observations, Teaching and Learning Assessment (OTLA’s) and learner portfolio audits, providing actions for improvement and monitoring of these for delivery staff.
- To ensure that development priorities are identified and actioned, providing continual professional development (CPD) to support staff with teaching, learning and assessment and internal quality assurance;
- Support the staff induction process for all new members of staff, ensuring all quality performance measures are discussed and understood.
- Support the internal CPD calendar and content for training on all platforms
- Management and deployment of learner and employer surveys
- Provide monthly summary reports of Quality Assurance activity across the brands under Captiva
- Through proactive data monitoring and analysis, use solution focussed approaches and activities to drive continual quality performance improvements across all contracts.
- Agree and undertake regular professional development activities as agreed by the Head of Quality to ensure continuous improvement practices.
- Fostering positive and effective internal and external communications ensuring that stakeholders, staff and learners are informed of developments and decisions relating to Quality Performance.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
- At least five years’ experience of working with Apprenticeship training programmes – essential
- Relevant QCF Assessor qualification – e.g., D32/D33/A1/CAVA/TAQA Assessor - essential
- Relevant Internal Verifier/Internal Quality Assurer qualification - essential
- IQA experience in leadership and management apprenticeships – essential
- Recognised qualification in delivery of Advice & Guidance
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of verification, moderation and standardisation
- Experience of delivering internal training to improve apprenticeship delivery and teaching and learning practices
- Experience of working at level 7 (Highly Desirable)
- Understanding of the apprenticeship funding rules
- Experience and understanding of Ofsted inspection regime
- Good understanding of apprenticeship data models
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines.
- Solution focused and objective in approach.
If this sounds like a company you want to be a part of, and a role you can perform well, then apply with a CV and covering letter today.
View the Recruitment Pack for the role here.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, rate, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.