Professional Learning Mentor:
- Location: Field-based or Stratford, London
- Line Manager: Academic Director/Executive Director
- Direct Reports: None
We're delighted that you are interested in joining the team at the National College of Education. The NCE is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education serves over 1400 current learners, studying leadership programmes at level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools face and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for schools.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the NCE in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
This post supports the Academic and Delivery teams to facilitate the operation of effective administration processes and procedures that underpin its full range of academic and learner-facing activities.
- To oversee learner lists and databases and to keep these up-to-date
- To manage the administration of the Virtual Learning Environments and Learning Platforms and respond to learner queries arising from these.
- To manage the central calendar for all programmes and ensure that relevant parties are working in line with this resource and aware of upcoming timelines
- To send weekly communications to the teams to provide up-to-date information on relevant internal activities, as directed by the Directors of the Academic and Delivery teams
- To support in the administration of Programme Boards as directed by the Head of Programmes including but not limited to note-taking, sending out agendas, collating minutes.
- To provide administrative support for contractor management including liaising with Accounts to ensure timely payment
- Organise the preparation of documents such as schedules for face-to-face delivery and ensure these are in line with formatting and branding guidelines
- Manage Zoom licenses and the administration associated with using Zoom for events
- GCSE in Maths and English
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working in an administrative role
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines.
- Solution focused and objective in approach.
If you'd like to find out more about this role, get in touch with us today, we'd love to hear from you.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
View our Recruitment Pack here!