- Location: Field-based or Stratford, London
- Line Manager: Academic Director
- Direct Reports: None
We're delighted that you are interested in joining the team at the National College of Education. The NCE is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education serves over 1400 current learners, studying leadership programmes at level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools face and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for schools.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the NCE in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
This post supports the Head of Programmes to ensure the Academic Team pays a critical role in the development of the organisation and in the execution of its strategic plan, particularly with regard to Academic Compliance and Delivery.
- To operationalise the curriculum intent for their named programme(s) by creating curriculum implementation activities
- Use Academic team design principles to build curriculum implementation in the VLE (Canvas) in conjunction with Head of Learning/Head of Programmes
- Providing direction to the production of video content/deliver video content where needed, to support academic learning when required
- Manage Virtual Learning Environments and Learning Platforms supporting their programme(s)
- Working with the delivery team (Tutors) to provide them with relevant learning materials in advance of all delivery and in keeping with agreed timelines
- Monitor curriculum impact for their programme(s) in conjunction with delivery team Tutors as directed by Head of Programmes
- Supporting the design/iteration of programme curricula for their programme(s)
- Delivering training/support for marking and moderation activities for the programme(s) in conjunction with Head of Studies
- Responding to any queries the Delivery Teams may have regarding the content, aims, or outcomes of their programme(s)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Management qualification or relevant experience
- Master’s degree (desirable)
- PGCE or similar (desirable)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Deep understanding of effective curriculum design principles
- Experience of designing learning materials for adult (post-grad) learners
- Adult(post-grad) learning delivery experience
- Marking/moderation of post-graduate level assignments (desirable)
- An understanding of the education sector and leadership roles within it
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines.
- Solution focused and objective in approach.
If you'd like to find out more about this role, get in touch with us today, we'd love to hear from you.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
View our Recruitment Pack here!