Senior Leadership Tutor
Location: Field-based or Stratford, London
Line Manager: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
We're delighted that you are interested in joining the Team at the National College of Education. The NCE is experiencing a period of growth as we continue to challenge the status quo in school leadership development and we are looking to make additions to our existing team.
The National College of Education serves over 1400 current learners, studying leadership programmes at level 3, all the way up to an Executive MBA Level 7 programme, as well as supporting over 500 alumni. We have supported learners through the most challenging context that schools face and have an enviable position within the sector, utilising educational leadership expertise, fused with industry knowledge and apprenticeships, to build exciting and challenging professional development for schools.
We are looking for innovators, professional rule breakers and pirates to join the NCE in offering exceptional customer service to our learners and be an exceptional colleague as part of our team.
Senior Leadership Tutor’s work in collaboration within a delivery POD to maximise outcomes for learners by ensuring progress, targets and evidence are up to date. You will provide quality teaching and assessment to ensure the best learning experience for our learners.
- Manage the highest quality Apprenticeship in Senior Leadership and Management working in collaboration with your POD team
- Support the teaching and learning of knowledge to ensure that relevant skills and behaviours are met through collaboration at training days
- Organise and carry out visits to complete appropriate assessments which will meet the skills and behaviours aspect of the apprenticeship
- During weekly meetings with POD team identify any support needs and plan accordingly. Update the notes section in one-file with any changes
- Plan and carry out a robust progress review every 10-12 weeks with the learner and employer to identify progress and set Smart targets for the coming months
- Provide feedback on evidence summitted that identifies development aspects, functional skills and good practice
- Provide careers information, advice and guidance to support progression throughout the qualification
- Provide support in functional skills aspects and core learning areas
- Complete monthly meaningful contacts that are documented on OneFile. These can be either progress reviews, attendance to training, catch up calls and observations/professional discussions and visits
- Attend standardisation meetings and other meetings necessary to support your POD team and assessment practices
- To be involved in Progress Review meetings to provide information on apprentices at risk of falling behind (these should be identified monthly) in line with processes from NCE. Actions to be set and followed up
- Carry out regular CPD activities to ensure that their competence meets the needs of Awarding and End Point Assessment organisations
- Support apprentices through Gateway and EPA processes completing all relevant documentation in a timely manner
- Ensure that Off the Job learning is supported and updated at least monthly for every apprentice to ensure that funding rules are met
- Collaborate monthly with your pod and line manager to discuss learner progress, accomplishments and your own professional development
- Complete all documentation and send to MIS any change of circumstances or break in learning as a matter of urgency to ensure information is kept up to date and relevant
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager
- Assessor qualification or (be willing to work towards)
- Internal Quality Assurance qualification (desirable)
- Qualified in maths and English to at least level 2
- Recognised qualification in delivery of Advice &Guidance
- Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to work towards
- Recognised management qualification at Level 5 or above
- *Masters level or above qualification
- *A requirement of this role is secure a Masters Degree in the 1st year of employment, which will be supported by the NCE
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a management role and evidence from CPD that occupational competence has been maintained.
- Experience of delivering management apprenticeships to level5 or above.
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship standards.
- Understanding of the apprenticeship funding rules including eligibility
- Experience and understanding of Ofsted inspection regime
- Good understanding of apprenticeship data models
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines
- Solution focused and objective in approach
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
For more information about working at Oceanova, download our Recruitment Pack for the role below.